The following is an outline of the completed and planned work for the B-17 project.
- Co-Pilot Seat Frame/Track
The fabricated steel parts for the seat track assembly were zinc plated in house allowing us to complete the final assembly of the seat track and frame.
- Waiting for parts and materials required to fabricate new shock cords for both seats.
- Outer Wing Repair The restoration and repair of the outer wing has begun.
- Waiting on parts and material required to restore outer wing.
- Repaired flush mount latch
- Leading Edge, Outer Wing Repair was started on the leading edge.
- Damaged skin and ribs were removed and the process to fabricate new ribs has begun.
- Fabricated new skin for outer wing.
- Bulkhead Hat Channel
Began the process of completing the hat channel cut/drill fiberglass jigs.
- Ball Turret Hatch
Restored the steel ball turret hatch from Liberty Belle and plated necessary hardware.
- Portable Band Saw
Refurbished the portable band saw. Its use will eliminate wasted material caused by using the stationary band saw. The saw will be used to cut the bulkhead hat channels when necessary.
- Outer Wing Repair
Continue working on repairing the outer wing.
- Leading Edge, Outer Wing
Continue the work on the outer wing leading edge.
- Bulkhead Hat Channel Jigs
Finish preparing the hat channel jigs for use.
Newly plated seat track hardware. The majority of the seat track components were fabricated.
In-house plating of seat hardware
Repair of damaged outer wing has begun.
Aileron actuator and access panel
Restoration of damaged latch
Repair of the outer wing leading edge has begun
Contour drawing of rib to be fabricated
Fiberglass cut/drill hat channel jigs
Restoration of steel ball turret hatch
Restoration of old portable band saw